HELP on 100 marks project

killin_joe

hi.. i wanted a 100 marks project on environmental mangement ready made if possible or any matter related 2 my topic.. i want 2 do on pollutions and how 2 manage them..please do help

killin_joe

i have already gone through those uploaded documents but they only address the problem faced by the environment.. i want doc related 2 how 2 manage those problems such as pollutions..practical solutions adopted

killin_joe

please some 1 replyyyy... any 1 who could helpout me regardind my 100 marks project on environmental management..please helppp

ViJiT

Vijith Pujari
environmental management

Environmental Management is not, as the phrase suggests, the management of the environment as such but rather the management of the humankind's interaction with and impact upon the environment. The need for environmental management can be viewed from a variety of perspectives. A more common philosophy and impetus behind environmental management is the concept of carrying capacity. Simply put, carrying capacity refers to the maximum number of organisms a particular resource can sustain. The concept of carrying capacity, whilst understood by many cultures over history, has its roots in Malthusian theory. A common example of the consequences of exceeding the carrying capacity of an area is the starvation and eventual cannibalism of tribes on the Easter Islands after the depletion of the island's resources. Environmental management is therefore not the conservation of the environment solely for the environment's sake, but rather the conservation of the environment for humankind's sake. This element of sustainable exploitation, getting the most out of natural assets, is visible in the French approach to water resources.

Environmental management involves the management of all components of the bio-physical environment, both living (biotic) and non-living (abiotic). This is due to the interconnected and network of relationships amongst all living species and their habitats. The environment also involves the relationships of the human environment, such as the social, cultural and economic environment with the bio-physical environment.

As with all management functions, effective management tools, standards and systems are required. An environmental management standard or system or protocol attempts to reduce environmental impact as measured by some objective criteria. The ISO 14001 standard is the most widely used standard for environmental risk management and is closely aligned to the European Eco Management & Audit Scheme (EMAS). As a common auditing standard, the ISO 19011 standard explains how to combine this with quality management. The UK has developed a phased standard (BS8555) that can help smaller companies move to ISO 14001 in six manageable steps.

Other environmental management systems tend to be based on this standard and to extend it in various ways:

* The Natural Step focuses on basic sustainability criteria and helps focus engineering on reducing use of materials or energy use that is unsustainable in the long term
* Natural Capitalism advises using accounting reform and a general biomimicry and industrial ecology approach to do the same thing
* US Environmental Protection Agency has many further terms and standards that it defines as appropriate to large-scale EMS
* The UN and World Bank has encouraged adopting a "natural capital" measurement and management framework.
* The European Union Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS)

Other strategies exist that rely on making simple distinctions rather than building top-down management "systems" using performance audits and full cost accounting. For instance, Ecological Intelligent Design divides products into consumables, service products or durables and unsaleables - toxic products that no one should buy, or in many cases, do not realize they are buying. By eliminating the unsaleables from the comprehensive outcome of any purchase, better environmental management is achieved without "systems".

killin_joe

can any1 give info on how 2 manage pollutions theoritical and practical..please or can any1 suggest me wat 2 take as a sub topic in environmental management besides managing pollutions for which i can get good amount of info..please do replyyy

killin_joe

please some 1 give idea related 2 wat sub-topic should i choose in environmental mgmt.4 which i u can provide sufficient info other than management of pollutions

killin_joe

can any1 give info on how 2 manage pollutions theoritical and practical..please or can any1 suggest me wat 2 take as a sub topic in environmental management besides managing pollutions for which i can get good amount of info..please do replyyy

pratik_mehta7

Pratik Mehta
hi killing joe...man you are killing us by posting numerous Queries........anyways i got a good idea i suppose.....well you can take up the recent fiasco of cola companies.....the reason being pesties......which they claim is an inherent part of the Ground Water......hence you can score on this area......another very good point we would like to make ......is that if colas contain 55 times the permissbile limits than Milk and Milk products contain more than 4000 times the limits.....hence what exactly is polluting us we dont know.... hence buddy you need to first define what exactly is a pollutant for your case....not necceassarily in SCIENTIFIC sense but in your context.....and that is how will be able to stand different.......to give you more examples i wolud like to Quote other sites where your Queries will go unanswered...hence they are a WASTE........but the only Savior is MP.........

hi.. i wanted a 100 marks project on environmental mangement ready made if possible or any matter related 2 my topic.. i want 2 do on pollutions and how 2 manage them..please do help

As we know that the main objective of environment management is to control and reduce the pollution problem and thus providing a clean environment. My presentation will give you more detailed information, so download and check it.

Attachments

• environmental mangement.ppt
    851 KB · Views: 0