HRM Sem 5 Notes

CAN U PLS TELL ME
WHAT IS DOWNSIZING IN HRM ?
:SugarwareZ-091:

In a business enterprise, downsizing is reducing the number of employees on the operating payroll. Some users distinguish downsizing from a layoff, with downsizing intended to be a permanent downscaling and a layoff intended to be a temporary downscaling in which employees may later be rehired Whether it is called downsizing, rightsizing, delayering, reduction in force, redundancy elimination, or any of a host of other terms, the expectation of lifelong employment with one employer has now become the exception rather than the rule. Both in the government and the private sector, the loss of that sense of security--combined with the familiar scenario in which the number of employees is reduced but the amount of work remains unchanged--can have devastating effects on the remaining employees, otherwise known as the "survivors." Providing improved service with fewer workers is the hallmark of a successful downsizing. The basic GOAL for a successful downsizing is "work better and cost less”.

Exuberant

Can anyone provide good notes on Industrial Relation(espl.Labor Laws) which are helpful in objective quetions
Thanks in advance

beanstalk_230

hey rahul... i wanted some extensive notes on the types of performance appraisal methods... actually i have a project to make on the same topic.. could you help ..?

shinjan

hii everyone.. i need the hierarchical structure of godrej, what are the advantages and disadvantages of manpower planning in godrej..