Registrations for old Format of GRE stopped in India & China - 2007

navin_c

MP Guru
Registrations for old Format of GRE stopped in India & China - 2007

Registration for the current version of the Graduate Record Examinations® (GRE®) General Test, has been closed in China and India.

The pattern of GRE is going to be changed and the new GRE would start in September 2007.

The current GRE General Test will no longer be offered after July 31, 2007.

Registration for the revised GRE General Test begins on July 1, 2007.

The first test dates will be September 10, 15 or 16, 2007 (depending upon location), and September 29, 2007.

There will be no testing in August 2007.

Instead of continuous testing, the exam will be given approximately 35 times a year worldwide. The number of administrations in any given region will depend on the test volumes in that region.

navin_c

MP Guru
Important Questions & Answers

Important Questions & Answers

If you limit GRE General Test registration in my country and I am already registered, will I still be able to take the GRE General test?

Yes. Individuals who have already registered for the test will not be affected. If we limit registration in a country, only individuals who have not yet registered will be affected.

If I register to take the General Test before the end of July, can I transfer my registration to the revised GRE General Test or vice versa?

No. Individuals who register to take the GRE General Test before the end of July 2007 will not be able to transfer their registration to the revised General Test that is being introduced in September 2007. Similarly, individuals who register in July 2007 for the revised General Test will not be able to transfer to a current General Test administration prior to August 1, 2007.

If I need to send my General Test scores to score recipients this fall, when do I need to take the test?

Scores for the initial administrations of the revised GRE General Test in September 2007 will be sent to GRE score recipients in early November. Scores from subsequent administrations will be reported within 15 to 18 business days after the test date. If the department to which you are applying needs your test scores before mid-November 2007, you should plan to take the current GRE General Test before the end of July 2007.

I am trying to register for the current computer-based GRE General Test and there are no seats available. What should I do?

If there are no seats available, or registration in your country has been shut down, you will need to take the revised General Test that will be introduced in September 2007.

Once registration closes, will I be able to get a seat if someone else cancels their appointment? Should I check back for openings?

No. Once registration closes in a particular country, it will not reopen.

I have already registered. Will I be able to reschedule my appointment?

You will be able to reschedule your appointment as long as there is still testing capacity in your region. Once seats are filled and testing capacity is reached, you will no longer be able to reschedule your appointment.

When will scores be reported for the initial administrations of the revised General Test?

In early November 2007, revised General Test scores from the initial administrations in September will be reported to examinees and designated GRE score recipients. The six-week time frame between the administrations and the reporting of scores is due to the equating processes that must take place following the first three administrations of the test. For subsequent administrations, Verbal, Quantitative, and Critical Thinking and Analytical Writing scores from the computer-based revised General Test will be sent to institutions and test takers 15 to 18 business days after the test administration.

I have applied for fall 2007 admissions and now I am unable to register to take the current General Test in order to meet my application deadlines. What should I do?

If you have already applied to graduate programs for fall 2007 admissions and the November score reporting date will be too late to meet your application deadlines, we advise you to contact the graduate school at the institutions to which you have applied. Graduate schools are being informed that they should contact ETS regarding applicants who need to test to meet deadlines prior to November 2007. ETS will make every attempt to arrange testing for those applicants affected by this transition.