Would grades do better than percentages in exams?

Today, you can see many students are in pressure to get highest marks .........

Because of the increase in the competition studying has become monotonous for every student. Will Grade system would do work in easing the pressure a little bit ???

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I feel grades would be better than percentages.Even this grades must be given only for classes greater than 5 STD.I feel children are studying at the age when they must play more.So they are really loosing physical exercises.So all these grades can come into picture after 5th STD.

-Deepak.

navin_c

MP Guru
i feel talking about grade system.introducing grades to Indian education system is a rockin idea.as it gives a broader classification.

in_4_u_babess

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
grades will definately help
but if a person with the lowest mark in the ggrade and the person with the highest in the same grade wud b considered same...................
wudnt that be a bit unfair

chubbycheeks

marks would have been better as we know exactly how much we have scored.And students will study more. in grading system a person who gets 70% and 79% will come under b grade which is quite discriminating

i think grading system is good for the people who score a bit less as they have the advantage of falling into a certain grade cateogery even thoguh they score less.for example.if it is announced that students who scored a percentage of 80 to 90 would be under grade "A" then it is good for the person who scored 80% as though he has less percentage he has the advantage of falling into "A" grade students list...this is a kind of unfairness as there would be no difference between a person who has strived hard to score 90% and the person who score 80%..i think percentages is the best thing if you want to judge a right candidate between a group of candidates...

shimaap

Grades are better options for assessing one's presentation skills and group activity related skills....Because each one has got a different style for same...It cant be measured approximately with marks or percentages.....
Regarding the subject matters ,percentages would be a better choice....Because one who hasnot enough work can also get into the same gradelevel than the other who has worked hard...

gaurav_41283

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
no i dont think grade system is better
the person getting 98% is also having the same grade as the person getting 90%
so it is not an act of equality among the two

madronny

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I feel grades would be better than percentages.Even this grades must be given only for classes greater than 5 STD.I feel children are studying at the age when they must play more.So they are really loosing physical exercises.So all these grades can come into picture after 5th STD.