electronic waste, 100 marks projects!

godzi_85

hey folks!!
need help in determining how i should go abt doing this project. since its environment related..
now the thing is i have found quite a bit of info regarding what is ewaste/and possibly how to recycle it too!

now i`m confused how to go abt making this project!!!
can anyone list out a possible way to do this project? .. or a possible way on how i should go abt researching for my topic..
what all i should include in the project..
thanks!

nehasharmabms

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
see @ godzi first list down the topics or chapters u want to include in ur project like
1 introduction to ewaste
then slowly sort ur reserch and arrange it according to priority take guidance from ur project guide and from us

godzi_85

hmmm thanks for repling.. :d
you see thats where i`m having problems :(...
i have done this project for environmental mgmt... this time i think i can include how you can actually go abt recycling e-waste... :D

so alright i`ll jott down broad topics.. tell me if its proper or no!

1)introduction to ewaste
2)effects of ewaste on health/environmental impact
3)how to recycle
4)recycling process
5)rules and laws regarding e-waste in various countries(Should i include this)

anything else??
dont actually have a project guide till now :( sucks!

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
We can try to find a guide for you @ godzi.. but then you know how PRO ppl are.. you got to do it the way they want it and will require lot of hardwork :)

pratik_mehta7

Pratik Mehta
dont worry, the team of MP will be a guide to your projects.

regarding the projects, start with basically disasters of Radioactives. the most vivid is chernobyl and that of Last Mile islands. but you can also include the latest product to E-waste, that is Mobiles. give the exmaple of US.
there are roads made up of Cell chips. which is an excellent example.

pratik_mehta7

Pratik Mehta
try to be innovative. what i can think of is that SPAM is also an Eletronic waste, and i am quite sure you would not have included it in your list.

try to find out as many ideas as possible.

vishal_1986

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
All these things should b included in ur project.

Definition of e-waste
Problems caused by e-waste
Trends in e-waste recycling
Chemical elements contained in e-waste

rules and laws regarding e-waste in various countries(Should i include this) as u mentioned..also this.

E-waste is both valuable as source for secondary raw material, and toxic if treated and discarded improperly. Rapid technology change, low initial cost and even planned obsolescence have resulted in a fast growing problem around the globe. Technical solutions are available but in most cases a legal framework, a collection system, logistics and other services need to be implemented before a technical solution can be applied.

Due to lower environmental standards and working conditions in China and India, e-waste is being sent to these countries for processing – in most cases illegally. Bangalore in India and the Guiyu area in the Chaozhou region of China have e-waste processing areas. Uncontrolled burning and disposal are causing environmental problems due to the methods of processing the waste. ( Source: Goggling)
so try findin whch countiries hv e waste processin facilities n how they go abt u...reasons in depth for lack of tech in india..

This link will give u details of all king od Waste recycling ....very useful
http://tmsyn.wc.ask.com/r?t=an&s=hx...ZUCJg1JCg&num=2&q=http://recycling-guides.com

well also..
Large household appliances (ovens, refrigerators etc.)
Small household appliances (toasters, vacuum cleaners etc.)
Office & communication (PCs, printers, phones, faxes etc.)
Entertainment electronics (TVs, HiFis, portable CD players etc.)
Lighting equipment (mainly fluorescent tubes)
E-tools (drilling machines, electric lawnmowers etc.)
Sports & leisure equipment (electronic toys, training machines etc.)
Medical appliances and instruments
Surveillance equipment
Automatic issuing systems (ticket issuing machines etc.)
(Source: Googling)

so u can go in depth for only 1 of thm..

vengabeats

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)

Attachments

• greenpeace.pdf
    730.6 KB · Views: 103

godzi_85

hey thanks vengabeats, pratik, vishal, kartik and neha!!!
the thing is i do have most of the links posted here..!!

i have done this project when for environment mgmt 2 years ago.. that time the only infoi i could find was health related.. and all the stuff it contains!! ..
reason i wanted to ask here was so that i could be clear on the approach for the project :D

i was thinking. (as pointed out by vishal)

Definition of e-waste

recycling of ewaste... the way its done normally.. (by burning, incinerating etc etc)..
and then recycling it in an environmentally friendly way! ...

i think if i talk abt the last point it would give my project a lot more weitage..what say guys??
and that's the info i'm kinda lacking :(

and after the recycling topics. i can add "innovative uses of e-waste as mentioned by pratik!!! :D

what say people?

chirag36

All these things should b included in ur project.

Definition of e-waste

rules and laws regarding e-waste in various countries(Should i include this) as u mentioned..also this.

E-waste is both valuable as source for secondary raw material, and toxic if treated and discarded improperly. Rapid technology change, low initial cost and even planned obsolescence have resulted in a fast growing problem around the globe. Technical solutions are available but in most cases a legal framework, a collection system, logistics and other services need to be implemented before a technical solution can be applied.

Due to lower environmental standards and working conditions in China and India, e-waste is being sent to these countries for processing – in most cases illegally. Bangalore in India and the Guiyu area in the Chaozhou region of China have e-waste processing areas. Uncontrolled burning and disposal are causing environmental problems due to the methods of processing the waste. ( Source: Goggling)
so try findin whch countiries hv e waste processin facilities n how they go abt u...reasons in depth for lack of tech in india..

This link will give u details of all king od Waste recycling ....very useful
http://tmsyn.wc.ask.com/r?t=an&s=hx...ZUCJg1JCg&num=2&q=http://recycling-guides.com

well also..
Large household appliances (ovens, refrigerators etc.)
Small household appliances (toasters, vacuum cleaners etc.)
Office & communication (PCs, printers, phones, faxes etc.)
Entertainment electronics (TVs, HiFis, portable CD players etc.)
Lighting equipment (mainly fluorescent tubes)
E-tools (drilling machines, electric lawnmowers etc.)
Sports & leisure equipment (electronic toys, training machines etc.)
Medical appliances and instruments
Surveillance equipment
Automatic issuing systems (ticket issuing machines etc.)
(Source: Googling)

so u can go in depth for only 1 of thm..

hi Vishal!!! can u please help me on finding a project on Electronic waste management.I m a TYBMS student and interested to do project on this topic.i will be pleased if u help me in finding a project made on e- waste.So that i can do further research and update the project.thankyou.please reply asap

chirag36

hi Vishal!!! can u please help me on finding a project on Electronic waste management.I m a TYBMS student and interested to do project on this topic.i will be pleased if u help me in finding a project made on e- waste.So that i can do further research and update the project.thankyou.please reply asap

rosemarry2

MP Guru
hey folks!!
need help in determining how i should go abt doing this project. since its environment related..
now the thing is i have found quite a bit of info regarding what is ewaste/and possibly how to recycle it too!

now i`m confused how to go abt making this project!!!
can anyone list out a possible way to do this project? .. or a possible way on how i should go abt researching for my topic..
what all i should include in the project..
thanks!

hello friend,

Well, i found some information Project on E - Waste Mangement and wanna share it with you and other's. So please download and check it.

Attachments

• Project on E - Waste Mangement.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 0