managers or enterpreneurs -what should be the objective of b-school???

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
"Today's Manager is tomorrow's enterpreneur"

So I feel a B-school should create a person who thinks like an entreprenuer(having a vision and mission) and acts like a manager(to manage his people to make his vision a true one).

RC1327

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
i think b schools should aim for entrepreneurs because tehy are better at managing than general managers

anu shukla

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hey there...

gud to see smone flapping thru old pages again...
coming to the topic, why you think that enterpreneurs are better than managers??may i know?

chirag7979

entrepreneurs are risk taker and decision makers so what i think first they should be able to manage things and become manager and slowly develop the entrepreneurial skills and then ...

hence first manager and then Entrepreneur ...

pallavit

until and unless u become a gud manager u cnt become a entrpnr its vry essential 2 hve gud managerial skils 2 be a succesful entrpnr

pallavit

it shud be managers as until n unless u r nt thrwn in deep waters u dnt learn 2 swim so the emphasis should be on managers as enterprenurs has to also manage

preetsethi123

I think so that the objective of the b-schools shud be entreprenuers because it is wat is needed.....wat i wanna say is dat u cant be working for someone else for ur whole life,at some point of time one will think that he shud now have some safe source of income and one way to have this is having one own business so for this u need have knowledge......one more i wud like 2 mention here is this that if a person is learning about entreprenuership then he also is learning about management at the sametime....

mirchi.foreever

I think so that the objective of the b-schools shud be entreprenuers because it is wat is needed.....wat i wanna say is dat u cant be working for someone else for ur whole life,at some point of time one will think that he shud now have some safe source of income and one way to have this is having one own business so for this u need have knowledge......one more i wud like 2 mention here is this that if a person is learning about entreprenuership then he also is learning about management at the sametime....

WHat about the Experience thing.............I guess you only get it by job .............Job can give you experience.........so that you can use in Entreprenuership:SugarwareZ-229:

bibybasu

Entrepreneurship is a very interesting avenue , but without being a good manager one cannot be an entrepreneur

anu shukla

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hey
i again want to reemphasize the fact that not all of us are born with enterprenerial qualities, are not equally good at risk taking... in companies there is only 10% senior management ( leaders) and rest are managers which are required for implementation...
we can say that enterpreneurship skills shows you the direction butits only the management skills that takes you there..
so the emphasis should be on deveoping good mangership qualities as once they are developed those 1% will themselves start their ventures...

prachii

I think enterpenuers r today's need.
everyone feel happy when they receive their first salary but imagine the hapiness that an enterpenuer feel when he pays d first salary to his employees.

bharatr05

the schools should concentrate on producing managers and entrpreneurs as by letting them decide but also provide the best cirruculum.

squareleg

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Thatz what Co-existence is all about.

The One cannot do without the other, together BOTH will prosper.
Think if every1 bcoms an Entrepreneur, how will an Organisation function. Higher Egos n Conflicts wud arise. As no one like to Work for another fellow.

Same if every1 is a Manager, whom to manage. And who'll pay for those fat pay packets. So everybody has his own space to live n work.

In his recent AGM Mukesh Ambani said "The Country is facing serious talent crunch" that tells the story.

So I like what the IIM fellow has put forward n never thought if som1 at IIMs feel this way "today the experience at class room is far apart from ground realities & the education is more of academia"

priyapillai.85

i feel b-schools should try churnin out entrepreneurs than managers... a manager is enforced to work within d predecided structures of the company...so d learnin anyways happen anytime u join a company or wen switchin companies...

buddin entrprnrs on othr hand needs 2 b givn a feel abt wt risk takin means n othr difficulties faced by thm

Dear Friends ,

Managers or entrepreneurs - what should be the objective of B-Schools???

It has to be in entrepreneurship form.

As manager knows the routine -work, handles his/her job efficiently.
Manager manages the work in his best possible way ,while the entrepreneur looks for the best optimal solution in SMART way( simple,Measurable,Achievable, Realistic and Time-bound).Manager may or may not have his extreme desires,while the entrepreneurship culminates the peak desires,to be sustainable,profitable ,rewarding growth,contributing both to self and society.

Entrepreneurship imbibes the philosophy of leadership,which makes him more practicable and reachable to the masses. Hears the VOC and converges them to tap the untapped resources,markets,zeal ,potential etc.

Hence it is a holistic approach to circumspect the forthcoming business scenarios , and to create a niche in that segment. It not only entices us to barge from top to bottom of the pyramid ,but also throws us to think beyond the boundaries.

prabhu_niftbang

ENTERPRENEURS...! If a B-school is able to produce an enterpreneur it actualy starts a cycle of growth in itself. He / she trys to find a way to establish their industry, passes on their knowledge & experiance to NoN B-school grads helping them grow with them. This builds the over all society like an eco system. The non B-school grad gets an role model from the entreprenuer and gets into a B-school to be an entreprenuer.

pahuja.chirag

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
objective of Bschool should be to prepare good managers. if one is a good manager, he is naturally a good entrepreneur