new portion for B.M.S

randomvish

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hey guys as u must be knowin it tht the portion has changed for the first year BMS this year (2008) ,so if anyone has some good reference books for the new portion could u please shre wid me. thank u!!!!!!!

ankitgokani

MP Guru
well in the first year u hardly need ay books ur college professors will provide u wit the notes and if u have to refer any books will be told by ur mam itself coz each college refers diff textbook if i find any useful info will surely inform u

randomvish

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
nt the problem is im from science stream. so i dont kno nethin abt this field. tht is y askin for refrence books

randomvish

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
dude i have downloaded tht.....but the portion has changed.new things have been added to the new portion. the notes available here r for the old sem.

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Could you elaborate? what new things exactly? I was there for the last BMA conference that took place and not many changes were suggested except for scrapping Basics in computers and introducing MIS.. chucking out IMTP i guess.

I've been out of town and just got back.. can you update us about the recent changes?

randomvish

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
okkk.......quantitative methods: sum chapters have been removed and new chapters have been added and also sum new concepts (basically its more of business statistics).....
principles of management: sum new chapters r added in this also..and sum chapters r tobe taken in sem 2
there r sum other cahnges in the portion i dont have all the details in front of me for other subjects........so could u help me in this case.......

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
okay, i assume you are in fybms and your colleges have just started... in which case, BMS is not like the other bcom courses where there are a set of books you refer to..

Most likely your profs will come up with their own portion and their own notes ... if that doesnt happen, and if you have been around on MP for a while, you will notice that ratio of MBA students is more than BMS, which means there is not a single darn piece of subject that you will not find on this site. You will just need to search for it.

I will look into the fine details of it as I get in touch with a few profs who should be able to update me on the change in syllabus, but nothing can be done in a day and things will progress but you need to have patience :)