View Single Post
Re: managers or enterpreneurs -what should be the objective of b-school???
Old
gaurav200x
gaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond reputegaurav200x has a reputation beyond repute

Student of Bachelor of Engineering
Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Management Paradise Guru
Re: managers or enterpreneurs -what should be the objective of b-school??? - June 3rd, 2006

I hate to disagree with u, but let me post my views with utmost humility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu shukla
today mostly ( am nt saying all) people opt for being manager rather than opening their own business.reasons to list a few:

1. job security!!( business laways has ups & downs)

Who says? If today's hire-n-fire world, who has job security. Only the competent survives here. Atleast when u are an entrepreneur, u have the satisfaction, that u being the boss, no one can kick u out, although without competence, u can't do anything there.

Quote:
2. no need fr sm "extra "skills( anybody can become a manager!!)
Really? Who says? Being a manager, doesnt mean doing a babu's or a clerk's job. U need to manage a whole team, an entire product, a complete design. U need to work with other people and u need special skills for that. So is the case for an entrepreneur. So, ur no special skills wala argument, doesnt hold good.
Quote:
3. fit in the bil situation( they can wrk anywhere & everywhere)
Well... here i would like to say that if the guy is fit for that job and has a conducive environment, he can work. True, some of it is self-made, however, the fitting doesnt happen everywhere. Besides even an entrepreneur has to wholesome, isnt it. He has to ensure he is able to work the best despite any condition.

Quote:
4.9-6 job!!(nt exactly but haan really dn't have to go sleepless nights over work11)
Trust me... meeting deadlines, managing the project isnt an easy task. True not that much pressure as an entrepreneur, but i dont think working hours can be given a valid agrument status.

Quote:
5.fat pay package( no need to explain!!)
Again? Is it a valid arguement? How can u say managers are better here? i would like to be an entrepreneur so that i can earn much more than by doing service.

Quote:
6.easy to switch over!!( can shuffle between various kinds of job!!)
Yeah! maybe one point that might hold validity.. however, there is no conrete point as such which would jstify ur claim.

Quote:
so, the pt is if mostly junta seems to go this way (as seen with the trend, nt many opt fr becoming enterpreneurs)
y shud we change the couse of study just fr sake of few handful people having sm inborn instinct!!!
i'm sorry, but it is ur view. Do u know that the IIM guys have actually left the bulky pay packages' jobs to start with their own venture. Why is it so? Think....

They want to be the master of their own fate and slave to none!!!

They want to mould the fate of the country with their own hands, rather than using their talents for the benefit of someone else. As i said earlier, entrepreneurship alone can remove the mjor emplyment problem of the country. What we need is more and more budding entrepreneurs!!
Quote:
so, the objective shud remain as producing managers (which we still need in large no..!!!) although a few seminars on enterpreneurship will be an add -on!!!
Hence, i would say that the objective should rather be on entrepreneurship!!

Regards,
Gaurav Mittal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Problems in Life? -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!!

Would u like to see
Blog Updated !!!

ONLINE GD -

Join to get GD notifications, updates

Liked my post? Press the
button

Friends: (5)