POST YOUR PERSONAL INTERVIEW AND GD EXPERIENCES !!

KARTIKRAITHATHA

Re: interview questions ebook

hello everyone

i thought of sharing the experience of gd-pi for welingkar's pgdbm programme.

i had my gd-pi 30th april sunday the very next day of my tybms sem 6 last examination.

ok now about the gd : there were about 10 members in the group of which i think 2 of were engineers and one bms grad from punjab.
the topic for the gd was : mba in india is it overrated or not?
the topic was quiet easy and i think i had enough points to speak on.
after 4-5 min of thinking period given to the group the gd started and was quiet good.the overall experience was quiet good and i think it went well.

then comes the pi :
i was quiet lucky bcoz normally there were two panel members but during mine, there was only one.one lady left the room just before my pi and think she was the one who asked technicals.so i had to face only one and he was quiet cool person.he just asked me some and quiet easy questions.

he started my saying that "ohhhh u have a very long name":bigsmile:

asked me about doing BMS - answered it properly.

then asked about extra curriculars -answered it properly.

asked about my future plans - answered it properly.

asked me- what do think how much u will get if i had to evaluate on 100 for this pi -answered it properly.

finally he asked - what do u think about myself (about the interviewer) - answered it properly.

thats it.

so it was not that stressfull as i had expected.
lets see what happens as the final results are being expected between 15/5 to 20/5.

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
My Gd, PI was in Somaiya Colg .

Here goes the experience ...

Well.. late latif that i am, i reached dot at 2.30 ... they askd me to fill a form which i had to complete in 5 mins.. I did not know you hav to reach 1/2 hr ahead of the time which is written in the admit card ..

Some questions I recall ...

Your strenght and weakness :

My answer : Strenght : Try and try till I succeed
Weakness : Try and try till I succeed

( I think I should have answered, hunger for success in both )

Most significant moment acc to you for india in last decade

Ans : Sensex touches 11,000 +

One change that can take india to the top

Ans : Honest politicians . ( somehow I feel its a hyperbole )

There were couplea more which I cant recollect ...

=============================

Alright so the Gd starts

Topic : We need honest bureaucrats and not efficient managers ..

So some take honest bureaucrats side and some try to capitalise on efficient managers ..

My opinion : Both are complimentary to each other... without support of one, the other cannot do any good.. the statement of the topic i feel is not proper.

=======

Then Pi :

Silly stupid questions :

How many stations between borivli to churchgate : dnt knw

Hobbies: guitar blah blah... ohk which is costliest instrument.. piono playd by elton john.. he laughs...

company you thnk best in india.

ans: infosys because of management employee satisfaction balh blah..

question taker : infosys has same attrition rate as any it company...

me : so if it has same attrition rate.. then think of the management.. they still no 1 regardless of the employee turnover

Some more.. gtg...wil continue later. ..

chaitalithakker

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hii...thts gud kartik...

between any1 can plz tell me some different even or incident which affected india??

and also wht steps to make india global?

and over here mba students... plz tell WHY MBA only??

plz pour ue some views which can help us...plzzzz

waiting...

bye

shrijit_s

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
chaitalithakker said:
hii...thts gud kartik...

between any1 can plz tell me some different even or incident which affected india??

and also wht steps to make india global?

and over here mba students... plz tell WHY MBA only??

plz pour ue some views which can help us...plzzzz

waiting...

bye

@ between any1 can plz tell me some different even or incident which affected india?? - I think the 1991 liberalisation policy is one of the major events in India. It was the foundation stone due to which India has managed to develop fast in the last 2 decades. And it is due to that initial policy that people are predicting India to be a superpower by 2050.

@ and also wht steps to make india global?
Here again the need of the hour is more liberalisation. We cud start with changing our archaic labour laws. The govt has no business to be in business and it should try to get out of business in a structured manner and pay more attention to governance.
The other important point is the need to improve infrastructure drastically be it roads, airports, warehousing, power etc. Without a change in this...the current feel good may start changing soon.

@ and over here mba students... plz tell WHY MBA only?? - I think this is a very relative question so will depend from person to person

Cheers!!

chaitalithakker

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hii:SugarwareZ-191:

so atlast...ahh!!!! my GD/PI is over today.....

my experience was OK.. and here it goes....

as i my centre was Sydneham College churchgate and was having a 9.30 batch so started early in the morning from home accompanied by one of my friend who was also having the same centre...

i reached there one hr early and came to know if all people of my batch came they will start early...
suddenly one form came which was expected(but came too early) than just filled the form and came announcement to sign in office... v all went and signed total 3 times in total till the end....

my GD topic was selected as..
PRIMARY EDUCATION AND NOT HIGHER EDUCATION SHOULD BE SUBSIDISED.

was given 5 minutes to think and later discussion came...

thanks to all yahoo Gd's session which helped me a lot....

i was the only one against the topic and whole Gd of all people went to convince me abt it.. i was in side of higher education shuld be subsidised..

i dont know i m right or wrong but a thought came and i followed....

than came a turn for PI....

i dont know how lucky i am? god blessings r really with me...in this case..

there were 2 panelist.. one sir and madam... both were nice ...

be4 me whoever went to them was asked with lots of GK and use to make them panic .. and i got scared with their experiences itself...

than my turn came....which i was waiting.....

sir...asked me and made confused regarding narmada bachao andolan and told me to counter him and debate with him.... i did but not satisfied with it as culd not express due to tension....

madam asked my future plans...

i told wanted to do PhD ... they reacted tht wuld u be allowed frm ur house... i saiid its a later Q .. 1st want to do MBA any how...

future plans... want to be a prof in mgmt institute....

asked abt qualities of one prof... told abt it.

asked wuld u like to study so much.... i confidently said YES...

asked abt being in a girls college.. told my views abt it and positive side frm my view of being in my coll..

asked abt name of few trustess.. which i knew so told them

asked abt no. and name of faculty... told them...

asked abt event management... and was shocked frm my academic achievements.. so much.... but impressed by it...

thts it....

i dont expect much but over all mine was ok...

thanks to all... who helped me ....:SugarwareZ-299:

bye

ch21599

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Here's my experience of IIFT gd/pi

Venue : IIFT Bhawan
Time : 9 :30 AM
ME : . B.com { DU } , no wrk ex.

First of all we were taken to a room on 1st floor where we were given our essay topics and 20 mins to write . Topic was " Globalization and its effect on Indian Value System " - okay topic I thought

Then we straightaway went for out GD . The setting was pretty cool , big room with Rectangular chair , I had the worst seat , one in the end corner ..

Topic : Education system , democracy something.... a very vague topic , which it needed to be for a 1 hr GD

great topic , my participation was good , made a lot of entries and a lot of genralisations , lots of quotes and stuff from me ... The overall discussion was pretty good , just one guy who was not contributing enough .. In the end we told him to sum up and he couldnt , then a girl summed up , I think i could have done it better bcoz i was the one taking proper notes but didnt .. We were told to moderate ourselves .. Every guy got 3 minutes for it

Interview : Went in , large room , went around to the panel . 3 people in the panel

Q. 1 . How are you ???
me : fine sir , a bit tense , blah blah

Q.2 Did u fill this form in a hurry?
me : Yes sir

Q. 3 Why have you not written ur major subjects ? This is very careless of you
me : sorry sir , blah blah

Q. IS this the way to write Phd { I had written it perfectly fine , he was just trying to psyche me out}
me : yes , no , i thought so sir

Q. Why have you filled ur form in capitals ???
me : poor handwriting , blah blah

Q.. Whats your fav. Movie ?
me : Gladiator

Q. What can a manager learn from it ???

me : Some stuff about leading by example , never losing hope , inspiring people

Q. Thats all ??

me : sir nothing else is coming to my mind .. ( what the hell does he want , good direction ? cost cutting ? )

Q2. So wats going on in F1 racing these days ?
me : Blah , Blah

Q. So do you think that FIA unduly favours Ferrari ??
me : blah , blah
Q. 3 .India have lost to South Korea in davis cup , who are they going to play next ??
me : dont know sir

Q. In your form you have written tht you want to be an active participant in the Indian growth story . How are you going to do that ?
me : blah blah , not doing routine work , something about innovation

Q. So which companies will give you routine work ?
me : not really about comapny , rather the job profile..

Q. Can we ask you about aceds ??
me : something about DU not putting too much stress about in depth knowledge

Q. What is dep ???
me : blah blah

Q. So if i dont use this pen will it still depriciate ?
me : blah blah

Q. Is dep. a revenue or expenditure ??
me : expenditure

some stuff that i couldnt remember
and then they wished me luck for my future in advance .....

ch21599

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
My fore GD/PI experience

Venue : Fore
Date : 21/02/06
Time: 9:30 AM

got there early , 13 ppl in one group , they took us the the audi and made us wait there while our docs are verified , these guys were really serious about it , were using a calculator and all

GD: a caselet about use of mobile phones banned in the campus and we had to take the case to the management authorities
ok type GD , i spoke about 3 times ,brought some new points in , there was a sardar alongside me and all he did was steal my points , i mean picked them up ditto , I said that we must not ban use but rather misuse and he says the same thing and so on.. but neways ok stuff

Interview : I heard that these guys take stress interviews , so i was worried, was third guy in the group

panel had 3 ppl , 1 lady too

m1: So you are ?
me: told him ( why does ever1 ask me this )

m1: tell us abt urself ?
me: told him

m1: Family background ?

some more questions followed abt family background,( why does everybody find my family background terribly interesting )

m2: wats your fav. subject ?
me : economics

m1: wats inflation ?

m2; WPI or CPI ?
me: both , but cpi is a better indicator..

m2: Wat is it now
me: 5 % i believe

m1: are you not sure ?
me: quite sure

m2: then why say I believe ?
me: mumbled sumthing abt them knowing beter then me

m2: forex reserves ?
me: told him the composition .

m2: no explain to a layman ?

m2 : how much right now ?
me: 140 billion

m2: elasticity ?
me: rambled on abt relationship between demand, supply and prices

m2: no , its not all three , choose two .
me: demand and supply ( this is wrong , i realize now )

m2: malthusian theory ?
me:
( now he dosnt expect me to make a graph does he ? )

lady: hobbies ?
me: explained

lady : relate mahatma gandhi's philosophy to management.
me: told her , looked satisfied ...

m1: why should we take you ?
me: told him , looked satisfied

m2: thanks
me: thank you

ch21599

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
My interview experience at LBSIM
date : 20/02/06
Venue : LBSIM
Time : 11 AM

Got there early , was made to wait outside in that little itsy bitsy lawn that they have , abt 1130 we all moved into the building . They took us to auditorium first.. A long presentation followed abt LBS, then we were made to wait a bit more , mine was panel C , so we were 2nd in line 4 the GD ..

GD : No table , just chairs , and guess what guys , 15 ppl in a GD with 10 minuutes limit and we were told not to make a fish market .. we were told to pick a chit up for a our topic and all that. We got "To stop brain drain , should engineers be made to sign a bond tht they will work in India for 2 years " . Newayz we started to make it a bit of a fish mkt . Then moderator interfered and made abt 5 guys speak up . Then he tells us to go again. So we make it a fish market again. No consensus in the end , 4 guys tried to summerize , me included and none was able to do it properly... I made 2 entries

Interview : I was the 5th guy , 1st came the extempore , when I came in these guys were having snacks , 5 of them and one poor little me ...

m1 : So you are chaitanya ?
me: yes sir ( obviously )

m2 :Ur extempore topic is ( looks around , focusses on a samosa , I was scared that i was going to get the samosa as a topic , but then he decided on a call bell that wsa sitting on the table ) this call bell ,( smiles deviously )
me: ( began after 3 secs ) talked about call bell showing division of labour within the society , talked about why the bell glowed red when you pushed the buton , and ended with technology and how it was permeating our daily lives .

m2 : ( looks at me like i had to say something very profound about the call bell and didnt ) Have you done B. Com ?
me : yes ( obviously )

m3: honours or pass ?
me : pass ( obviously )( its written on the form )

4-5 questions on my family background followed ,

m1 : hobbies ?

m1: how would they help you during your future life ?
me: told him, martial arts and reading so i think i related pretty well.

m3: did u study accounting ?
me: yes sir ( obviously )

m3 : what is cost accounting ?
me : ( froze for a sec , i had actually read this last night and was trying to recall the exact def. ) mumbled something ( he decided i didnt know ) ( but i did )

m3 : what is a balance sheet ?
me : told him the exact def.

m1: thnks
me: thank u sir

sum other stuff was asked that i dont remember now ...
there was a lady there who didnt ask nething , and another industry guy who didnt get involved to much . so very chilled out affair
But i thought that they had already decided about me when i finished the extempore and the rest was just formality.., not too sure abt it though...
I mean that after that they really didnt ask me nething that tested me ..another girl got her extempore topic "water bottle " ...

ch21599

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
The Nirma Interview experience

Venue : ISI , Lodhi Road
Time : 12 : 30 p.m

The interview panel was late , so we waited till 12:45 with nobody there.then we were registerd and led in to the GD's, I was in panel 1 , 3rd number... no name tags and all

GD : Topic was " Rural Population : Boon or bane "
1st everyone got a chance to speak clockwise , for 1 minute .. I made a crisp presentation
Then open discussion for 10 minutes
Our group made a real mess of it. too many examples , everyone was coming in with examples and nothing in depth , worst of all it was not even a fish market and still we didnt do a good job with it . Maybe that was becoz no clear leader emerged..The all were told to sum up one by one

Interview :
3 guys in the panel , faculty members all , was quaking in my boots coz one guy was a CA and I was worried that I would be grilled on aceds...

m1 : so , good score , wat other calls you have ??
me : told him.

m1 : Looking to convert all of them ???
me ( why does he care ) a fair few sir , atleast 1

m1: good

m2 : ( looking very angry ) there are a lot of contradictions in your SOP . Who wrote it ?
me : told him i did it on my own ( which was true , i had written it sitting outside )

m2 : this is written here that u have a social objective as your career goal ? ( as if thats a crime )
me : explained

m2 : you cannot help pepole by becoming an MBA , this is the wrong line for you ?
me : explained

m2 : (not satisfied ) u are not going to work for people , you will work for your employer
me: enterprenur

m2: enterprenur job is to generate profits
me : job creation also a byproduct of the process

m3 : wats mean , median ,mode ?
me : explained ,

m2: ( not satisfied at all, I was really beginning to think that this guy had something against me now ) why were these invented ?
me : tried to explain

m2: when u dnt know something , why dont u just say so , told me a quote ( I wanted to tell him that i knew he was quoting socrates , but didnt )
me: i dont know ( he looked very happy )

m1 : who is the chief minister of karnataka ?
me :told him

m1 : who is he ?
me : told him
then somehow they trapped me into contradictin , i am not sure about how , I think m1 just wanted to hear me say"I dont know"one more time.

m2 : how is the president elected
me: told him( he he he , in your face )

then they told me thnks

Great_II

IIFT PI (15/02/06)
PI:
G.....v nice name please have seat.....
p2:So your father's an exporter so this is the right place for you
p2:auh your mother's an exporter too IIFT is indeed the right place....
me:even my work ex with int'l firm which taught me.......
p1:why don't you join exports
me:right now manufacturing isn't the ........forte and services is more ....
p2:but don't you think you would loose all your enterpreneul skills and in 2 years....

me:sir am looking for intra....... service sector post work ex training ...gestattion period.....so that learn and help.
p1:12th science to commerce?
me:skill set goal setting ........
p2:what are the 5 qualities of a manager and enterpreneur
me:risk .......sacrfice(is happy)
p3:What is your take on the sensex ?
me:delhi ...estate/..........bias...exuberance...means correction is due on profit booking.....
p1:A/cting standards...
me:not so sure abt them
p1:gaap
me :prescribed format by SEC...india co. list and double......both gaap and ias
p1:IRR and way to find it
me:cash flow and rate of return......
p2:good you can go but please before you go do share a biscuit with us.....
me:thanks sir(waaah kuchh tu milah)
p1&p3:real good keep it up
aur bhee kuchh poochha tha but can't seem to remember aur haan they don't ask you on your fav. vsubjects...they asked what subject was my fav. macro./micro markets/marketing.......(they even asked other subjects law,maths,mgmt,cost,a/c,but asked from financial mgmt.~hadn't mentioned so there s a strong caveat here...)

My interview experience was just awesome, there were lots of ups and downs but finally got selected.

For the post of Reporter in Zee news

As i reached at the office location, receptionist ask me to fill one form comprising my strenghts and weakness and about myself. After filling that form just called for an interview

I: Tell me something about yourself

Me: Explained him about my qualifications, hobbies and what I can do in their organisation.

I: He asked me several GK questions

Me: the first question, I failed to answer but later on kept my momentum and answer every question with full confidence and if got stuck somewhere,then instead of pretending just tell NO .

I: He asked about what i was expecting as a salary

Me: As per Industry standards..

No matter where you go for an interview, just be yourself and don't hesitate to share your views.You will definitely build impression and chances are more of getting selected.