IIBF Established in 1928 as a Company under Section 25 of the Indian Companies Act, 1913, Indian Institute of Banking & Finance (IIBF), formerly known as The Indian Institute of Bankers (IIB), is a professional body of banks, financial institutions and their employees in India. With its membership of over 700 banks and financial institutions as institutional members and about 300000 of their employees as individual members, IIBF is the largest Institute of its kind in the world and is working with a Mission “to develop professionally qualified and competent bankers and finance professionals primarily through a process of education, training, examination, consultancy/counseling and continuing professional development programmes”.
DIPLOMA IN BANKING & FINANCE
ABOUT THE DIPLOMA
There will be a growing demand for qualified manpower for the banking and finance sector in the coming years on account of expansion of volume of business and large scale retirement of personnel. Banking and finance industry will require professionally qualified manpower endowed with banking and finance knowledge and skills together with technology-familiarity, customer-orientation and hands-on application skills who can be assigned to various desks / jobs with minimal training intervention at the bank level.
MEDIUM OF EXAMINATION
The examination will be conducted in English Medium only.
PATTERN OF EXAMINATION
- Each Question Paper will contain approximately 120 objective types multiple choice questions, carrying 100 marks including questions based on case study / case lets. The Institute may, however, vary the number of questions to be asked for a subject. There will NOT be negative marking of wrong answers. Questions for the Examination will be asked calling for: (a) Knowledge testing, (b) Conceptual grasp, (c) Analytical / logical exposition, (d) Problem solving, (e) Case analysis
- Examination will be held in on three consecutive Sundays (one paper each Sunday).
- Information about mode of examination (online / offline) and centres will be provided along with Examination Application Form.
DURATION OF EXAMINATION
The duration of the examination will be of 2 hours.
In case of offline examination, before the commencement of the examination, there will be briefing about how to write the examination.
PERIODICITY AND EXAMINATION CENTRES
- The examination will be conducted normally twice a year in May / June and November / December on Sundays.
- A list of Examination centers will be provided along with the Examination Application Form.
TIME LIMIT FOR PASSING THE EXAMINATION
- Candidates will be required to pass the examination within a time limit of 2 years (i.e. 2 blocks of 2 consecutive attempts). Initially a candidate will have to pay course fee which includes CBS learning and first 2 attempts examination fee. In case a candidate is not able to pass examination in the first 2 attempts, candidate should necessarily submit the Examination Application form for the second block of 2 attempts, without any gap on payment of requisite examination fee. If they do not submit the examination form immediately after exhausting the first 2 attempts, the examination conducted will be counted as 3rd attempt for the purpose of time limit for passing.
- Candidates not able to pass examination within the stipulated time period of two years are required to re-enroll themselves afresh by submitting a fresh Examination Application Form. Such candidates will not be granted credit/s for subject/s passed, if any, earlier