Name: Chandan Thakur
Course: PGDM IBM( Insurance Business Management)
Q1. Did you have a panel to interview you?
Ans: Yes, I had two rounds of interview (after a GD), out of which the last round was a panel interview with three members and the first one had two members.
Q2. What were the questions asked to you in all the three rounds?
Ans: The GD was completely based on technical topics, followed by a technical interview and a PI round in which questions were from team dynamics, flexibility and other HR questions.
Q3. Which was the most difficult question to answer?
Ans: The technical question that was asked on Machinery breakdown policy.
Q4. Was the interview stressful?
Ans: Over all it was not stressful but for me somehow the technical interview was stressful but I think I fared well as I got through it. It wes based on practical aspects and quizzed with few real life case studies.
Q5. Where are you going to get placed?
Ans: The Place of posting is not yet fixed but first two months I have training in Mumbai. After the training I will be posted to some other place.
Q6. How was the experience?
Ans: This was the very first interview that I gave it went on for one and half day. The round of HR gave me a good experience where in the VP HR was also present to take the interview and the other interesting part was that I was grilled with questions on social media for about 8 minutes as I mentioned that I was interested in social media.
Q7. Would you like to give some tips to students who would go into your profile?
Ans: For all those people going in for the profile of Underwriter these are my tips from my experience · Don't' Bluff
· Framing of CV is very important they might ask anything in it
· Honesty is the best policy
· Concentrate on your co-curricular activities as the organization checks that alos with your academic qualification. Please don't ignore them.
· Recruiters look for initiatives that you have taken in your life
· Everything can't be grasped at the time interview so keep revising the basic concept.
· For Fresher's subject knowledge(basic concept) is very important as recruiters don't ask in depth questions.